|Jubilee Weekend Beer Festivals
Sunday 3rd June 2012 The Foxhound Inn, Brixton, is holding a beer and cider festival over the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Weekend from Friday 1st - Sunday 3rd June. Live music is planned for Friday and Saturday nights and a BBQ from 3pm - 5pm on the Saturday.
Provisional Beer List
- Art Brew "Doppelbock"
- Barum "Breakfast"
- Blue Anchor "Middle"
- Branscombe "Draymans"
- Clearwater "ansome"
- Coastal "Honey Heaven"
- Country Life "Golden Pig"
- Forge "Ascension"
- Isca "Holcome White"
- Exe Valley "Darkest Devon"
- Milk Street "Funky Monkey"
- Summerskills "Jubilaeo Cervisia, Bunker Hill & Festival Ale"
Cider and Perry
- Hecks "Port Wine of Glastonbury"
- Countryman "Gold Label Cider"
- Green Valley "Strawberry Cider"
- Hecks "Blakeney Red" Perry
- Black Rat "Perry"
Monday 4th June 2012 Tavistock Lions Jubilee Ale Festival 3rd & 4th June
There will be a Beer Festival in marquees and in a large outside drinking area at the "school" end of Tavistock Meadows on the Sunday June 3rd (12 to 7pm or possibly later) and Monday June 4th (12 to 10:30pm). The Lions Club are working with the Town Council who will be staging other events in the meadows at the same time. The beers are all on a Jubilee Theme with 4 ciders and comprise 6 Bitters, 13 Best Bitters, 3 Premium Bitters, 1 speciality Beer (Cherry) and 1 stout, from around the country chosen by Hywel Edwards, the former proprietor of the Hop Shop. The Ciders are all from Somerset. All beers and ciders will be priced at £1.50 per half and £3.00 per pint with no entrance charge. A wide range of live music from local bands and family friendly events have been arranged in the meadows spread over the two days.
The provisional beer list is shown below.
- Robinsons GB 3.6%
- Burton Bridge Sovereign Gold 4.0%
- High House Lizzies Dimples 4.0%
- Ossett Patriot Pale 4.0%
- Rudgate Diamond Jubilee 4.0%
- Westerham Jubilation Ale 4.0%
- Adnams Diamond Ale 4.1%
- Castle Rock Diamond Reign 4.1%
- Lees JW British Jewels 4.1%
- Lees JW Diamond Jubilee 4.2%
- Downton Jubilation Ale 4.2%
- Titanic Rule Britannia 4.2%
- Wold Top Diamond Jubilee 4.2%
- Brecon Diamond Beacons 4.3%
- Three Castles Queen of Diamonds 4.3%
- Westerham British Bulldog 4.3%
- Skinners Royal Wave 4.4%
- Elgoods 100 Metre Daschshund 4.5%
- Oakleaf Pompey Royal 4.5%
- Goddards Jubilation 4.6%
- Leeds Jubilee IPA 4.8%
- Milestone Olde English Ale 4.9%
- Hopback Cherry Diamond 4.2% (Speciality Beer)
- Kirkby Lonsdale Jubilee Stout 5.5%
- Crossmans Medium 6.0%
- Richs Medium 6.0%
- Hecks Port Wine of Glastonbury 6.0% Cider (red and cloudy)
- Thatchers Cheddar Vale Medium 6.5% Cider (orange in colour)
Monday 4th June 2012 The Mountain Inn at Lutton is holding a cider festival over the Jubilee Weekend from 6pm Friday 1st june till Monday 4th june. Live music on the Friday night (Reg and Les) and on the Sunday afternoon at 3 o'clock (the Diggurz). There will also be four real ales on as usual.
Tuesday 5th June 2012 The Royal Oak at Meavy is holding a Devon Real Ale and Cider Festival over the Diamond Jubilee Weekend from Saturday 2nd until Tuesday 5th June.
"Events to include: Film in the Parish Hall on Friday; BBQ on Saturday followed by a barn dance in the village hall; live Jazz on Sunday; Monday, hog roast and cream teas on the Village Green as part of the Big Jubilee Lunch, with live music in the evening".