|CAMRA LocAle - the new accreditation scheme to promote pubs that sell locally-brewed real ale, reducing the number of 'beer miles' and supporting your local breweries. LocAle Pubs|
What is CAMRA LocAle?
CAMRA LocAle is a new initiative that promotes pubs stocking locally brewed real ale. The scheme builds on a growing consumer demand for quality local produce and an increased awareness of 'green' issues.
The CAMRA LocAle scheme was created in 2007 by CAMRA's Nottingham branch which wanted to help support the tradition of brewing within Nottinghamshire, following the demise of local brewer Hardys and Handsons.
Everyone benefits from local pubs stocking locally-brewed real ale:
- Public houses as stocking local real ales can increase pub visits
- Consumers who enjoy greater beer choice and diversity
- Local brewers who gain from increased sales
- The local economy because more money is spent and retained locally
- The environment due to fewer ‘beer miles' resulting in less road congestion and pollution
- Tourism due to an increased sense of local identity and pride - let's celebrate what makes our locality different.